Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1960's Crochet Caddy!

Last Saturday my younger brother and I went on an Estate/Yard Sale binge. We drove to the outter-most part of Plymouth, back to Kingston, and a few times around, looking through people's old junk. My main destination was all the way south on Route 3, to an estate sale "in the big old white house". We got there, and it was about a quarter of the size that the newspaper ad had promised, but it was, in fact, outside of a big old white house. None the less, the prices were very reasonable and I made out quite well. I got a lovely little carpet-bag clutch with a dainty little metal strap, a big bag of old lace to tie my Etsy packages with, and this amazing yarn/crochet caddy. I nearly gasped when I saw the price tag....$1.00 -I'll take it!




Also, another Etsy update! My boyfriend and I went to The Garment District in Cambridge, MA last Sunday, a former favorite place of mine as a 14 year old, and that was probably the last time I had gone! I forgot what a goldmine that place is. I am now officially done buying until I begin selling...so shop, shop shop!

Edit: Just sold the drop-waist 1970's does the 20's dress. It was my boyfriend's favorite so he's all bummed out...but I am sure it will look much better on the new owner than I thought it looked on me...I was little a bit too 'hippy in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment